Monday, January 10, 2011

Your help could change children's lives!

Due to personal technical difficulties -[fortunately now resolved!]this blog is late. However I'm wondering if any of you people could send emails to the Archbishop's House  bombaydiocese@vsnl.com  or to any reliable Catholics about improving especially the state of life for the five blind girls [who as I wrote about earlier in my blog] in late 2010 were still enduring a miserable existance- not even learning how to talk and spending most of the time alone inside  metal cots. In 2008 I had been unable in 3 months to encourage the Missionary of Charity nuns to let them attend the Bombay Dada Blind School. I went to the Bishop - one of five in Bombay/Mumbai and spoke at length and wrote several pages describing their situation and sadly that of many other neglected children]in 2008.  He emailed 6 months after our meeting  to say how co-operative the nuns were. BUT when I returned in 2010 and visited NOTHING had changed for these girls - nothing in their life had improved!!!  The usual- nameless cots, nothing of their own, nobody speaking to them...    

No comments:

Post a Comment